Chocolate Rum Molten Lave CakeIf you are craving something warm and chocolate with a bit of pizzazz to it, a molten lave cake can be just the cure that you are looking for.
Chocolate Rum Molten Lava Cake
That certain warm and chocolate dessert with a bit of pizzazz to it!
If you were to ask five people what a molten lava cake actually is, you may get more than five answers.
Generally speaking, a Molten chocolate cake combines a cake with a "Molten" or stream of sorts, of chocolate.
Since a Chocolate Rum Molten Lava Cake does have the word "lave" combined with the word "chocolate" in the same sentence, we can only assume that there would be an explosion of chocolate in the cake itself.
Molten cake is usually made with chocolate.
We love the way that there is a stream, or 'lava' of melted chocolate that comes out of the molten cake. It is almost sinful for those of us who love chocolate when we think about a chocolate cake that basically oozes out chocolate when you stick your fork into it for a bite.
I have never heard of a molten or lava cake made with anything other than brown chocolate although, a white chocolate lava would be something worth checking out.
What do you serve your Chocolate Molten Cake with?
The standard serving as far as I can tell, would be to serve your warm molten cake with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top. Not a bad thought really. Some folks just seem to like to dust a bit of powdered sugar on top of their molten cake. I, myself, am fond of whipped cream.
This molten cake is made with ramekins.
I like that the ramekin can make individual servings of the cake. This makes for easy entertaining in my opinion.
You can easily find inexpensive ramekins on Amazon.
I have added rum to this recipe.
The idea of a rum molten chocolate lava cake (say that 10 times...) sounds interesting and fun to me. You don not have to use rum in your cake. Vanilla extract would be a suitable alternative to the rum.
The recipe for Chocolate Rum Molten Lava Cake
The recipe for Chocolate Rum Molten Lava Cake. If you are craving something warm and chocolate with a bit of pizzazz to it, a molten lave cake can be just the cure that you are looking for.
- 1.Butter- 1 stick
- 2.Chocolate- 4 ounces ,chopped into pieces (can use chips)
- 3.Powdered Sugar- 1 cup
- 4. Whole Eggs- 2
- 5. Egg yolks- 2
- 6. Flour- 6 tablespoons
- 7. Rum- or vanilla extract- 1 tsp.
- HOW TO MAKE THIS CAKE:
- 1. Preheat your oven to 450, prep ramekins or custard cups (oven safe ones) for nonstick. Can use butter to do this. Place the prepped cups/ramekins on a baking sheet.
- 2. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt your butter and chocolate together. Cook on high for 30 seconds, whisk, and repeat until chocolate is melted and all is blended.
- 3. Stir in your rum and then your eggs. Then stir in your flour.
- 4. Spoon the batter evenly into your prepped cups/ ramekins. Bake for 9-11 minutes. The sides of each cake will appear done while the center should be moist when this is done baking.
- 5. Allow to cool for a few minutes and then attempt to loosen the cake from the sides of the cups/ramekins using a small spatula or butter knife. Invert each cake onto it's own plate and serve as desired.
Yield: 4-6 servings depending on size of cups/ ramekins