New Years Day Best Bets for BreakfastWe really look forward to enjoying our brunch on New Years Day.
Being that we are in the breakfast business, we take breakfast food very seriously.
30+ New Years Brunch Recipes
Many of us believe that New Years brunch should be special. By special, it should showcase delicious foods that we do not eat every day and that are somewhat easy to assemble.
I love a great brunch to kick off the first day of the new year.
I like to prepare something that is impressive to look at and easy to put together. In the end, it should be good to the taste buds.
Make Some Baked Omelets for Breakfast
I love that baked omelets in ramekins takes a chunk of the serving time out of the breakfast equation. You simply serve the ramekin with the baked omelet already in it. Everyone gets their own egg souffle.
What you put into your baked omelet is really up to you.
I like to experiment with adding different foods to my baked omelet. I am primarily a vegetable and cheese kind of person. You could also add some kind of meat to your baked omelet. You can even just top a plain egg omelet with cheese.
What you will need to make this oven baked omelet- ingredients:
- Ramekin bowls/dishs- the amount or ramekins needed depends on the size of each of them. You could also use a casserole dish. Make sure that what ever you use is safe for oven baking.
- Eggs- 8-9 (depending on number and size of ramekins)
- Milk, milk alternative such as almond milk, or Greek Yogurt- 1 cup
- Shredded cheese- 1 cup. Can be cheddar, mozzarella, or your choice. Using 2 cheeses is also an option.
- Vegetables, such as onions, peppers, etc. Total 1/4 cup chopped.
- Seasonings, such as salt, to taste.
- Softened butter, nonstick spray or other to grease your ramekins.
How to make this:
- Preheat your oven to 350, prep your ramekins for nonstick.
- Place each ramekin on a flat baking sheet with sides. This will make it easier for you to work with multiple baking dishes. You can line this baking sheet with a silicon mat or parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine your chopped vegetables. Place equal amounts of the chopped vegetables in each ramekin.
- In a larger bowl, beat together your eggs, milk, and seasoning. Stir in your cheese.
- Pour equal amounts of this egg mixture into each ramekin.
- You can sprinkle additional cheese on top of each ramekin if desired.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. If using one large casserole dish, baking times may differ.